23 April 2008

celebrating ethan


I have a 5 year old baby!

He has been wow-ing us since the day he was born when he joined the world with eyes WIDE open. He is an extraordinary boy with extraordinary ideas and a passionate way of life...very intense, fully engaged and ALL boy! I love the way his smile lights up his face and how his eyes squint when laughter bubbles up from inside him. And there is a simplicity to him that is very charming.

I do very little dreaming about what Ethan will be like as he grows because I don't think that I can't dream a dream big enough for him to fit into and I wouldn't want to get in his way. I live with an enormous expectancy for all that God has for them together, for all that He put into his great heart for the world, for the irreplaceable role he will have in the Kingdom.

I feel honored, blessed, humbled to be a part of the adventure that continues to unfold...that is Ethan's life.

Happy Birthday, Ethan!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I can't believe Ethan is already five years old! What a special little guy he is. We miss him and all of you tremendously. We pray this year will be full of adventure and wildness for our Ethan-boy!

Much love to all of you!

April 23, 2008 at 1:18 PM  
Blogger Joel said...

we are so sorry again that we missed the shin-dig....i didn't even get home until 7! Good thing Mark didn't work with me today. hope you guys had a blast!

April 23, 2008 at 8:24 PM  
Blogger Southpaw said...

Happy Birthday Ethan, it's a joy to be your uncle. I can't wait to see what God has in store for you as well.

April 24, 2008 at 5:02 AM  
Blogger Sally said...

For Ethan,
I had fun Skyping with you on your birthday. Five years old. Wow!
I would sure like to play with you in your back yard.

April 29, 2008 at 2:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home