20 December 2007

alters

Exodus 20: 24b (NLT)
Build alters in the places where I remind you who I am, and I will come and bless you there.

What kind of incredible invitation is this from the Most High?
It is smack dab in the middle of the 10 commandments story... part of the ways "God instructed the people" (20:1) I don't ever remember being taught about this in Sunday school...too bad. I wonder what it would look like for me to live this out and teach it to my 3 little lovelies. I wonder if my definition of "blessing" would change... most definitely...and hopefully theirs too...

"...And you must commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands I am giving you today. Repeat them again and again to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are away on a journey, when you are lying down and when you are getting up again.
" Deuteronomy 6:6, 7 (NLT)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home