03 January 2008

dare you

Do you ever feel like God is daring you?
I dare you to believe...
dare you to take me at my word...
dare you to listen...
dare you to love...
dare you...

I feel this from him right now as I ponder the nuances of creating space in my life... creating margin.
I sense his hope-filled invitation to what doing this might mean for us... Him and me...a dare.

I loved what I found when I went looking for what "dare" really meant beyond a childish playground game...

"venturesomely bold in action or thought"
"
imaginative or vivacious boldness"
"
to be sufficiently courageous to"
"
to challenge to perform an action especially as a proof of courage"
"
to have the courage to contend against, venture, or try"

I am enticed by the light on the pathway that seems to be opening up before me as I take small steps to accept His dare.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Donna Carpenter said...

Love those descriptions! So incredibly appropriate to where you're being drawn, I love it.

January 4, 2008 at 7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home