07 March 2008

week's end

This week has been...
difficult...
lovely...
comfortable...
challenging...
routine...
unexpected...
bountiful...
uneventful...
surprising...
involved...
open...
full...
abundant...

Mark has had work everyday...long days.
We haven't had much of a family life because of late nights/late dinners/kid's bedtimes. One night this week, after we tucked the kids in to bed, we each sat on our poang chair with our laptops and did various electronic activities...blogging, email correspondence, taxes, etc. At one point I commented that this was the modernized "Dad sits and reads his paper while Mom knits" evening routine. It was a comfortable evening of being together even thought we interacted little.

By mid-week I suspected another round of strep throat. A clinic visit, a trip to the pharmacy and $100 later, this was confirmed. While uncomfortable and not something I would wish on anyone, it did require a couple of low-key, pajama wearing, movie watching, cuddle on the couch days for the kids and me. Thankfully, the antibiotics are fast acting and I was back on the mother-may-I playing, "Can you read to me?", "Can I have a snack please?" track today. I even had a couple of life-giving conversations on the phone with two lovely friends.

Mark is supposed to be home a little early today...my evening commitment is canceled because of my "condition"...I know what we are having for dinner...tomorrow is our date day (YIPPEE!)...the laundry is actually done this week (ok not really, there are two baskets that need to be put away)...we have a carrot cake from the food pantry for dessert tonight (lovely)...it is Friday and I am feeling loved and blessed by all that our lives have included at this week's end.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Sally said...

Did you ever get to have your date?
Glad things are returning to normal. What's up with the strep revisitation??

Let's skype this week.

March 9, 2008 at 8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home