28 February 2008

without pay: post 8

Well, we have made it through the month. Each week has been different and that has made life interesting. It feels lovely to be able to pay our rent at the end of this week. It is amazing to look back and see the lavish ways God has provided for our wallets and our hearts.

Speaking of which...
the kids and I just had a picnic at the park. It is 58 degrees and the sun is a welcome friend today. While I was preparing our picnic Ethan was acting very hyper. I was thankful for the quick realization that he was acting out his excitement over going to the park for a picnic...otherwise, I may have lost my patience with him and his obnoxious noises, etc.

Hopefully, this month we will see the return of a regular working schedule for Mark. Although, I must admit it has been delightful to have him around at different times of the day. And, God has used this time to continue to shape the desires of Mark's heart...or maybe just flesh them out a little bit more.

For all of these things - and many, many more - we are humbly grateful!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger noelle said...

So I'm stalking you!!! I remember you mentioned blogging and since I am avoiding my laundry pile, I thought I'd look for you.

I love your blog title...and I read your first post where you told the story of why you chose it. It's so odd for me to realize that nearly 6 years ago I was where you were...moving to a strange land full of unknowns. And now it is my home and I couldn't imagine being anywhere else.

Did I know you were from Iowa? I grew up outside of Des Moines. All my family is still there.

March 3, 2008 at 6:28 PM  
Blogger Toni said...

Hi Lolly!

God has been so good to you. And me. It's been a pleasure watching Him provide for you in the ways that He has.

March 4, 2008 at 9:36 AM  
Blogger Sally said...

Thanks for continuing your beautiful story. Always love reading.

March 4, 2008 at 7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home