21 January 2008

without pay: post 1

I am struck by the way definitions change when I find myself in the place we currently live (meaning without work and therefore without pay). All of the sudden "need" has a new definition. Last Monday at the grocery store "need" meant: we are almost out of this and it is on sale so I am going to buy one. This Monday at the grocery store "need" meant: we still have some of that so I will wait until it is all gone and then see if we can get by without it.

I wonder what "need" means to my Father...like when Paul says "And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus." I am betting on the fact that his definitions never change the way mine do and that is something I find myself unendingly grateful for today.

PS - Jon (the guy who owns the window company Mark has been working for) says there may be a day or two of work this week...that would be wonderful!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home