13 January 2008

fresh food

I have found myself longing for the fresh foods of summer-time lately. I made this dish last night for dinner and felt it was a must-share...

2 T olive oil
1 T fresh lime juice
1/4 c chopped cilantro
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
2 1/2 c crisp corn kernels (about 5 ears)
1 1/2 c diced avocado
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
1/2 c finely chopped red onion

In large bowl, whisk together the olive oil,lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper.
Add the corn, avocado, tomatoes, and onion and toss to mix.
Serve at room temp as a salad or as a dip with tortilla chips.

To make it a meal I added grilled chicken, black beans and chick peas and served it over romaine lettuce with olive oil and red wine vinegar for dressing.

I think I could eat this every day until summer returns.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home