07 March 2008

poem

Some life-enriching interactions with two special women made me think of this poem I came across a month or so ago...

A Time to Talk

When a friend calls to me from the road
And slows his horse to a meaning walk,
I don't stand still and look around
On all the hills I haven't hoed,
And shout from where I am, What is it?
No, not as there is a time to talk.
I thrust my hoe in the mellow ground,
Blade-end up and five feet tall,
And plod: I go up to the stone wall
For a friendly visit.

Robert Frost


I have been exceedingly grateful for the "friendly visits" of today.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger noelle said...

me too :~)

March 7, 2008 at 3:02 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Lorrie, no worries about today not working out - you just need to get better, you poor girl! Praying for you.

March 7, 2008 at 10:12 PM  
Blogger Toni said...

I think I would have enjoyed knowing Robert Frost. He was an amazing writer! He always transports me to a peaceful place. Would have loved to hang out with him and Elinor on the farm some evening!

Hope you are feeling better today and got to go on your date!

Love and miss you!

March 8, 2008 at 11:28 AM  
Blogger Sally said...

I miss you, Lorrie. You are in my heart. Mom

March 15, 2008 at 6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home