29 August 2007

Happy Birthday!

Today is my mom's birthday.

I love my mom more as each day passes. From one year to the next I find that my appreciation for her deepens and my ability to express how grateful I am for her gets harder. She is a special soul, a true supporter and an ever present help in times of trouble! For most of the time in my married life this has been from a distance, but oh how I treasure the times we are near.

I only have to wait two days and she will be near. She is coming to visit for the holiday weekend - along with my my dear dad and my precious grandma (who is visiting in Iowa for a couple months). I can't wait and neither can the rest of the family. Ethan checks in every couple of hours to find out if it is Friday yet. And then we have to talk about the order of the days and what day today is and... you get the picture.

One of the things I am looking forward to is hearing Owen squeal when he sees them. He takes off running and in his highest high pitch says "Pawpaw!", "Yaya!" I can't wait for that. I know they look forward to it too.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home