09 September 2007

Before the cold sets in take some time to enjoy this delicious treat from summer's offerings...



Fresh Salsa
1 onion, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 jalapeño pepper, seeds removed and chopped
6 tomatoes, chopped
1 lime, juiced
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
1/2 tsp salt

(I only made half for our family - about 2 cups, but even so I doubled the garlic because I love fresh pressed garlic.)

At this very moment, this deliciousness is "brewing" in the fridge until game time. Mark requested tacos for the big Bears game kick-off today. It is funny to me how food and football are connected in our house. When I plan our menu I make special selections for game day - not always the most nutritious choices, but usually always delicious.

I love football season.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home